Ｗ Ｅ Ｌ Ｃ Ｏ Ｍ Ｅ
B E O U R G U E S T
these skeletons look legitimately friendly and inviting, i don’t know about you guys but i’m hella stoked to kick it with these skeletons
on the issue of racism, this is a great illustration.
minority racism towards white people is at most an inconvenience. a singular experience where their race works against them. a truly escapable type of experience because after it, they return to a society tilted in their favor. in fact, even during the experience, they never leave it. they never lose the advantage.
white racism towards minorities is systematic and destructive. we get jailed, shot dead, have our rights ignored, our rights slashed, neighborhoods targeted, job opportunities decreased, healthcare options constrained and more. all these things work together to create a understandable hatred towards whites. a hatred born out of pain, experience, oppression and disenfranchisement. a hatred that makes way more sense than white racism which is born out ignorance. a hatred that is fueled by the knowledge that whites, even those who swear to not be racist, by their actions and words perpetuate the system of oppression. their words of solidarity ring hallow.
i for one have never trusted easily but white people have a even harder time gaining my trust. very very few do. what’s most disheartening is when you extend that trust only to be betrayed. i had that happen to me a few months ago. that cut was deep but it was a learning experience. 99.99999% of whites are programmed to hate us. that’s just the truth.
- Mike Brown’s mom laid flowers where he was shot and police let a dog pee on the memorial site
- “Stand Up Against Racism" demonstration outside US Embassy in London
- Police claim to have no records of arrests of journalists
- Illinois school bans discussions of Mike Brown’s death
- Gov. Nixon introduces new Public Safety Director
- Push for police to wear body cameras continues
- Jon Stewart on Ferguson
FEMINIST: A person who believes in the social, political, and economic equality of the sexes.
i love her som uch i could cry
As many of you already know from interacting with me and my sister, our family runs a small, non-profit animal shelter in our house. We currently home 15 dogs and 25 cats, many of whom are disabled or cannot be rehomed for different reasons. (Chronic illness, violent behavior, etc.) Here are some of our babies.
Recently, we ran into deep financial trouble. We had to lay off our only helper and we’re doing everything on our own. It’s a pretty big space and with that many animals, there’s a lot to do. We practically clean non-stop. To make matters worse, we finally reached a point where we aren’t able to feed them and medicate them appropriately anymore. To put things into perspective, we ran out of cat litter and we have no idea when we’ll be able to buy some.
We’re all looking for jobs to do in addition to the housework, but these things don’t happen overnight. In the meantime, we need to keep feeding them, buying epilepsy medicine and paying a chemotherapy treatment for one of the dogs. We’re also handling some cases of kennel cough.
We need help. I set up a Paypal account and you can donate through this link. Any amount makes a difference, really! If you can’t donate, please reblog this so it reaches more people. This means the world to me and to my family. Thank you so much!
- Do not forget Michael Brown
- Do not forget how the media dehumanized him and tried to justify his murder
- Do not forget how peaceful protests were painted as savage riots
- Do not forget police armed with military grade weapons terrorized and arrested black civilians
- Do not forget Darren Wilson being awarded over $200,000 in fundraiser donations for murdering an unarmed black child
- Do not forget that this system was not built to defend us, but to control us
- Do not forget Ferguson
when u want to draw but also u don’t want to draw
this is the kind of fucking bullshit I’m taking about.
What the fuck yo
ARE YOU KIDDING ME
I AM SCREAMING.
|—||Jon Stewart addressing Fox News’s (white) correspondents whining about hearing about race issues in the United States (via recklessinsanity)|